Barbour Bedale Wax Jacket | Barbour Lifestyle
In 1980, Barbour produced their first short, lightweight, Thornproof jacket, the Bedale. Originally designed for riding, the Bedale is favoured by many Britons, from royalty to pop icons.
Dame Margaret Barbour designed the Bedale Jacket with equestrian practicalities in mind – with a shorter length, tailored classic fit, rear vents and the essential Nylon inner 'drip-strip' that prevented wetness from horses seeping into the jacket.
The classic elements of a Barbour jacket are all included, with a brass two-way ring-pull zip and studded 'Stormfly' front, two large bellows pockets and two moleskin-lined hand warmer pockets, and the traditional corduroy collar with studs for a hidden throat flap.
Made with medium weight 6oz waxed cotton the Bedale is a brilliant all-year-round jacket. Add an Interactive zip in liner to add warmth or choose from a selection of pre-studded Waxed hoods.
Did you know: a Bedale has 160 parts, including 49 cut fabric pieces, 103 trims and findings and eight items of packaging, and each jacket takes 36 people in the Barbour factory in South Shields to construct.
Now considered a classic, the practicality and simple style of the Bedale Jacket remains popular with all ages, and has been recently favoured by Glastonbury Festival attendees including The Arctic Monkeys, Lily Allen and Alexa Chung.
The popularity of the Bedale has inspired a slimmed down version for women – the Beadnell, which is named after a small fishing village in Northumberland.
- 100% Barbour cotton tartan lining
- Back length: 76 - 81cm's | 30" - 32"
- Corduroy collar
- Ecowax, 100% Waxed Cotton
- Interactive zip-in liners, studded for optional hood
- Large bellows pockets and moleskin-lined handwarmer pockets
- Sponge clean only
- Due to the nature of this wax jacket, the oils within it may transfer onto other materials. we recommend that this jacket is kept away from paler materials, especially in warm conditions
A tailored, regular fit that's suitable for all occasions and leaves plenty of space for layering.
- Designed to suit everyone, from the city to the country.
- Stylish yet comfortable enough for ease of movement.
- A timeless fit that is versatile enough to be teamed with everything.
|UK Chest size (inches)||43.3||45.6||48||50.4||53|
|EURO Chest size||44-46||48-50||52-54||56-58||60-62|
|Sleeve Length (inches)||32||33||34||35||36|